Saguaro Lake Ranch’s tubing experience on the Lower Salt River provides a fun, refreshing, and scenic float that families and outdoors-lovers can enjoy; it is the perfect vantage point to take in the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Our customers have the exclusive opportunity to float on the pristine first mile of the Lower Salt River.
Our tubing trips start at the top of the river at our beautiful Salt River tubing launch site. This is where the water is released from Stewart Mountain Dam’s turbine, where it is cool and clean; it’s the most serene and unspoiled part of the Lower Salt. Ranch customers park and check in at our office for their day adventure.
Scenic Loop: $18 per person (Closed) Tubing – Private Float
Our scenic float is a short 30-40 minute float to Horse Thief’s Wash. This float is popular for those who don’t want to enter the public recreation area and who enjoy a little exercise; it’s a short 7-10-minute walk from the exit back to the ranch. Customers can do this float several times for one flat fee. Float the river, walk back, rest and relax under the shade of our trees on our riverside lawn up until the 4:00 pm departure time.
Two Car Tubing: $18 per person (does not include shuttle)
(Closed) Tubing – Private Float
This is a do it your way trip. Rent one of our tubes and choose your own exit point on the river. Launch just below the dam at our ranch launch area and when you’re done, shuttle yourself back to the ranch by 4:00 pm. This trip is for those wanting to see more of the river.
- Tube the pristine first mile of the stunningly beautiful Lower Salt River free of the river trash, noise, and ruckus often found downriver.
- Get into the water directly from your car – there is no need to be shuttled to the river!
- Relax near the river and enjoy the beauty of the Bulldog Cliffs on our shaded lawn under one of our many trees.
- The Sheep’s Crossing trip allows for an easy and private exit for our group tubing customers.
No Alcohol Allowed
Please note that bringing your own alcohol onto our launching site is prohibited by Arizona state liquor law regulating its licensees. All coolers will be inspected at time of launching. Glass containers of any kind is prohibited per Tonto National Forest regulations.
Information & Requirements:
- Minimum age/height: 9 years or older AND minimum 4 ft. tall.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) or Life Jackets are available for free. If you want a PFD just ask for one.
- PFD’s are mandatory for all children 12 & under.
- Bring shoes that can get wet and you can walk in as needed.
- Dry bag or waterproof bag to keep personal items dry.
If you have any questions about tubing the Lower Salt River, or if you would like to make a reservation, please call 480-984-2194.
Kayaking Information: HERE
Check the Salt River CFS here: