- Foxtail Trip – $47 plus tax per person Mesa Arizona 2 Hour Foxtail Trip
- Two hour trip / Five miles & unguided on the lower Salt River
- Launch times are 7:00 – 10:00 a.m. (subject to days and availability)
- Min requirement 12 yrs & 4′ 6″ ft tall
- Granite Reef Trip –$70 plus tax per person Mesa Arizona 4.5 Hour Granite Reef Trip
- Four and half hour trip / Thirteen miles & unguided on the lower Salt River
- Launch time 7:30 a.m. only (Fri/Sat/Sun)
- Min age requirement 12 yrs & 4′ 6″ ft tall
- Saguaro Lake/Butcher Jones – $47 plus tax per person Mesa Arizona Saguaro Lake Trip
- Three hour unguided rental on Saguaro Lake
- Launch time 10:00 a.m.
- Min age requirement 9 yrs & 4 ft tall
Scenic Salt River:
There is no better way to enjoy the cool water, escape the summer heat, and marvel at the beautiful wilderness that is the Tonto National Forest than to go kayaking on the Lower Salt River! As you float down the Salt River below thousand-foot cliffs and beside majestic saguaros in the Sonoran Desert, keep your eyes open. You could see wild horses, deer, great blue herons, osprey, bald eagles, and other native wildlife. These sit-on-top kayaks are very stable and easy to maneuver; after a fifteen-minute orientation, even beginners are ready to go! This is scenic floating on the Salt River, with just enough ripples to get you wet.
Exploring Saguaro Lake:
Whether you’re a beginner or expert you can experience the beautiful lakes of Arizona! Offering paddles launching from Butcher Jones location. You will be given an orientation of basic safety and paddling instruction. Also some suggestions on where to paddle and how far for given time length of rental. After that you can hit the water and explore the coves of Saguaro Lake!
*All guests will meet the kayak truck at the designated site and will receive their Tonto Pass to park their vehicle in the recreational area.
Reservation & Kayaking Information:
- Reservations are required.
- Single kayaks only / no doubles
- Previous kayaking experience is not required.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early for check-in and a 15-minute orientation.
- Kayaks have a 275-pound weight limit.
- You will get wet, so wear appropriate attire and bring sun block!
- No alcohol or glass.
- No outside kayaks, you must use SLR equipment.
- Water shoes or tennis shoes highly recommended.
- Dry bag or waterproof bag to keep personal items dry.
- Bring water!
Feel free to book from this webpage! If you have any questions about kayaking the Salt River or Saguaro Lake, please call us at 480-984-2194.
Groups (20-person minimum): We welcome groups at Saguaro Lake Ranch for kayaking, please call to book!