Scenic Kayaking on the Salt River:
There is no better way to enjoy the cool water, escape the summer heat, and marvel at the beautiful wilderness that is the Tonto National Forest than to go kayaking on the Lower Salt River! As you float down the Salt River below thousand-foot cliffs and beside majestic saguaros in the Sonoran Desert, keep your eyes open. You could see wild horses, deer, great blue herons, osprey, bald eagles, and other native wildlife. These sit-on-top kayaks are very stable and easy to maneuver; after a fifteen-minute orientation, even beginners are ready to go! This is scenic floating on the Salt River, with just enough ripples to get you wet.
- Foxtail Trip – $45 per person Mesa Arizona 2 Hour Foxtail Trip
- Launch times range 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (subject to days and availability)
- Two hour trip / Five miles
- Granite Reef Trip – $75 per person Saguaro Lake Mesa Kayaking 4.5 Hour Granite Reef Trip
- Launch time 7:00 a.m. only (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)
- Four hour trip / Thirteen miles
For beginners and those looking for a few hours of fun in the great outdoors, we offer the Foxtail Trip, which takes approximately two hours and covers around five miles. Hardcore paddlers who want to experience the full river should consider the four-and-a-half-hour/13 mile trip to Granite Reef.
- Return courtesy shuttle in one of our air-conditioned vans.
- Rental includes single-person kayak, paddle, PFD (personal flotation device or life jacket), and orientation.
Reservation & Kayaking Information:
- Reservations are required.
- Previous kayaking experience is not required.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early for check-in and a 15-minute orientation.
- Kayaks have a 275-pound weight limit.
- Minimum age/height: 12 years or older AND minimum 4’6″ ft. tall.
- You will get wet, so wear appropriate attire and bring sun block!
- No alcohol or glass.
- No outside kayaks, you must use SLR equipment.
- Water shoes or tennis shoes highly recommended.
- Dry bag or waterproof bag to keep personal items dry.
- Bring water!
Feel free to book from this webpage! If you have any questions about kayaking the Salt River or Saguaro Lake, please call us at 480-984-2194.
Groups (20-person minimum): We welcome groups at Saguaro Lake Ranch for kayaking, please call to book!
SLR: Kayaking Release
Tubing Information: HERE