Tubing Season: Closed
Scenic Tubing on the Salt River: Open to the Public
Saguaro Lake Ranch’s tubing experience on the Lower Salt River provides a fun, refreshing, and scenic float that families and outdoors-lovers can enjoy; it is the perfect vantage point to take in the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Our customers have the exclusive opportunity to float on the pristine first mile of the Lower Salt River.
Our tubing trips start at the top of the river at our beautiful Salt River tubing launch site. This is where the water is released from Stewart Mountain Dam’s turbine, where it is cool and clean; it’s the most serene and unspoiled part of the Lower Salt. Ranch customers park and check in at our office for their day adventure.Check River Flow
River Tubing Season: May – October
Long Float: Tube to Blue Point Bridge (3 Hours)
Our most popular tubing trip is to Sheep’s Crossing, approximately 2.5 to 3 hrs. Float under Blue Point Bridge and exit on the left-hand side of the river at the sandy beach area below the Blue Point cliffs. There is a well-marked sign indicating Sheep’s Crossing with an exit to the parking lot and restrooms. We pick you up in an air-conditioned van with a trailer to bring you back to the ranch.
Tubing – Sheep’s Crossing Float
Short Float: Tube to Horse Thief’s Wash (1 Hour)
Our second trip is a short 1-hour float to Horse Thief’s Wash. This float is popular for those who don’t want to enter the public recreation area and who enjoy a little exercise; it’s a short 10-minute walk from the exit back to the ranch. Customers can do this float several times in a day and rest, relax, and enjoy the trees on our big shaded riverside lawn between floats.
What Makes Our Salt River Tubing Experience Different?
- Tube the pristine first mile of the stunningly beautiful Lower Salt River free of the river trash, noise, and ruckus often found downriver.
- Get into the water directly from your car – there is no need to be shuttled to the river!
- Relax near the river and enjoy the beauty of the Bulldog Cliffs on our shaded lawn under one of our many trees.
- The Blue Point Bridge trip allows for easy exit and has a private air-conditioned shuttle just for our tubing customers.
No Alcohol Allowed
Please note that bringing your own alcohol onto our launching site is prohibited by Arizona state liquor law regulating its licensees. Glass containers of any kind are also prohibited per Tonto National Forest regulations.
- Long Float Tube Rental: $18.00
- Short Float Tube Rental: $15.00
- *Cooler Tube/Extra Tube: $10.00
Information & Requirements:
- Ability to swim required for all tubing floats.
- No outside tubes, you must use SLR equipment.
- Minimum age/height: 9 years or older AND minimum 4 ft. tall.
- Mandatory (complimentary) life jackets for all children 12 & under.
- Bring shoes that can get wet and you can walk in as needed.
- Dry bag or waterproof bag to keep personal items dry.
If you have any questions about tubing the Lower Salt River, or if you would like to make a reservation, please call 480-984-2194.
Kayaking Information: HERE
Check the river flow here: