3 Hour Paddle Rental
Friday / 10:00 a.m. / Butcher Jones
Saturday / 10:00 a.m. / Butcher Jones
$45 plus tax
Winter Kayaking on Saguaro Lake:
Now offering winter paddles launching from Butcher Jones location. Whether you’re a beginner or expert you can experience the beautiful lakes of Arizona!
- 3 Hour Rental (ages 9 & up)
This is an unguided rental. You will be given an orientation of basic safety and paddling instruction. Also some suggestions on where to paddle and how far for given time length of rental. After that you can hit the water and enjoy!
- Foxtail Trip – (Closed for Winter)
- Granite Reef Trip – (Closed for Winter)
- Return courtesy shuttle in one of our air-conditioned vans.
- Rental includes single-person kayak, paddle, life vest, and orientation.
- Parking: $5 per vehicle
- Launching: $5 per kayak
- Ability to swim required for all kayak trips.
- Reservations are required.
- Previous kayaking experience is not required.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early for check-in and a 15-minute orientation.
- Frenzy kayaks have a 275-pound weight limit.
- Minimum age is 12 years old and must be at least 4′ 6″ feet tall.
- You will get wet, so wear appropriate attire and bring sun block!
- No alcohol or glass.
- No outside kayaks, you must use SLR equipment.
- Water shoes or tennis shoes highly recommended.
- Dry bag or waterproof bag to keep personal items dry.
- Bring water!
*All guests will meet the kayak truck at the designated site and will receive their Tonto Pass to park their vehicle in the recreational area.
Scenic Kayaking on the Salt River:
– (Closed for Winter)
There is no better way to enjoy the cool water, escape the summer heat, and marvel at the beautiful wilderness that is the Tonto National Forest than to go kayaking on the Lower Salt River! As you float down the Salt River below thousand-foot cliffs and beside majestic saguaros in the Sonoran Desert, keep your eyes open. You could see wild horses, deer, great blue herons, osprey, bald eagles, and other native wildlife. These sit-on-top kayaks are very stable and easy to maneuver; after a fifteen-minute orientation, even beginners are ready to go! This is scenic floating on the Salt River, with just enough ripples to get you wet.
River Kayak Prices & Information:
For beginners and those looking for a few hours of fun in the great outdoors, we offer the Foxtail Trip, which takes approximately two hours and covers around five miles. Hardcore paddlers who want to experience the full river should consider the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Granite Reef (~ 13 miles). Trips are not guided.
Saguaro Lake Mesa Kayaking 4.5 Hour Granite Reef Trip
(Granite Reef: 7:30 a.m. launch ONLY, pick-up at noon, trip subject to water levels)
Private Launch Information:
Have your own kayak? Launch at Saguaro Lake Ranch! Guests MUST check in at the office for a parking pass and MUST retrieve vehicle by 3PM.
Reservation & Kayaking Information:
Feel free to book from this webpage! If you have any questions about kayaking the Salt River or Saguaro Lake, please call us at 480-984-2194.
Groups (20-person minimum): We welcome groups at Saguaro Lake Ranch for tubing or kayaking, please call to book!
SLR: Kayaking Release
Tubing Information: HERE